Missionary Mishap: Missionary Civil War
An all out Missionary Civil War is the best way to describe the fallout between a large group of Christian anti-Islamic speakers. Some of it has been covered by Br. Paul here. To make sense of it, please see the following post by Dr. James White:
Similarly, both Jonathan McLatchie and his colleague Sam have called out Tony Costa as a heretic:
As of this posting, Jonathan McLatchie has not rebuked, nor removed the comment of his colleague referring to Tony Costa as a heretic. In the same breath, both Jonathan and his colleague have been critical of Dr. White over the last few days, with Jonathan having approved posts on his Facebook timeline denigrating and attacking Dr. White:
Not only has Jonathan approved his colleagues post attacking Dr. White, we should also be reminded of him not correcting or disagreeing with his colleague Sam, about Tony Costa being a heretic. Shortly before the attacks on Dr. White and Costa by Jonathan and his colleague Sam, there was a falling out between the both of them. Sam had referred to three Christian debaters as being the top polemicists when it came to Islam. Jonathan was not mentioned in that listing of the top 3. It is only after Muslims pointed out the obvious snubbing of Jonathan, was his name eventually added to a later post attacking our Br. Yahya Snow.
The timeline of events can be understood as follows:
- Sam Shamoun attacks Dr. White because Dr. White refuted and rejected Robert Morey’s hatred of Muslims and of wanting to destroy the Kabah in Makkah. – December 17th, 2016.
- Dr. James White has dialogue with Dr. Yasir Qadhi. – January 24th, 2017.
- Sam Shamoun disagrees with Dr. James White on having Dr. Qadhi in a Church. – January 24th, 2017.
- Sam Shamoun proceeded to make several posts disagreeing with Dr. White, leading to some of Sam’s friends and followers calling the Churches hosting Dr. White’s events trying to get them cancelled. – January 27th, 2017.
- Sam Shamoun calls for a debate against Dr. White, and lists a top 3 of Christian apologists who he recommends as good on “refuting Islam”. – January 27th, 2017.
- Jonathan McLatchie approves Sam Shamoun’s comment referring to Tony Costa as a heretic. – January 28th, 2017.
- Jonathan McLatchie approves tag and post by Sam on his timeline on Facebook attacking Dr. James White. – January 29th, 2017.
- Muslims point out that Sam Shamoun excluded Jonathan from his list of Christians who are good in “refuting” Islam.
- Sam Shamoun finally gives Jonathan the attention he needs and mentions him on Facebook, Jonathan meanwhile leaves the posts attacking Dr. White and Tony Costa. – January 29th, 2017.
- Dr. James White makes a post directly calling out Sam Shamoun and his colleagues. – January 30th, 2017.
- Sam Shamoun in response to Dr. White, posts articles from Catholic apologists who openly dislike and hate Dr. White. – January 30th, 2017.
- Sam Shamoun’s latest response is as follows:
This is just the tip of the iceberg, behind the scenes there have been frantic emails and messages exchanged between many of the names mentioned above. Conversations, plans, tactics, agreements, all aimed at each other by Christian “apologists”. In the days to come, we’ll see how this mishap plays out. More to come.
and Allah knows best.