Jay Smith and the Keeree-Art
In a recent Hyde Park encounter with Br. Muhammad Hijab, my friend and colleague, Joseph Jay Smith of Pfander, made some plainly absurd and false claims, among them:
- Claims that all the NT manuscripts are the same, which is demonstrably false.
- Claims that Codex Sinaiticus has no differences with the NT of today (it has edits going into the 12th century CE, that’s 600 years after nascent Arabian Islam).
- Claims Muslims have no Qur’anic manuscripts until the 8th century, Dr. Fedeli, Dr. Sadeghi, Dr. Tayyar would all disagree, they’ve published works contrary to this absurd claim.
- Claims that Brubaker’s research is “new”, but is more than 3 years old.
- Claims that Br. Hijab has never seen Brubaker’s thesis, false, as I’ve given it to him and his colleagues…3 years ago.
and God knows best.