Purpose of Da’wah
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ ,
It is very important to understand why we as Muslims do da’wah and what our duties are when doing so. As such, Br. Bassam Zawadi has summarized a list from the work, “al-Ahkaam wal-Dawaabhit al-Muta’aliqa bil-Hiwaar ma’a Ghayr al-Muslimeen – (The Rulings and Criteria Related to Dialogues with Non-Muslims)”, by Dr. Sahl bin al-‘Otaibi.
- Clarifying that Islam is the only religion acceptable to God.
- Clarifying the principles and teachings of Islam so that others may understand what it is about.
- Declaring Islam’s innocence from the false allegations made about it.
- Boosting the morale of Muslims who especially live as a minority in countries where missionaries are active in their evangelism.
- Supporting the stance of Muslim minorities and help them demand their rights.
- Helping create mutual understanding and encouraging peaceful co-existence with the disbelievers living next to us and to prevent fitnah.
- Clarifying the reality and truth of other religions through the lens of Qur’an and Sunnah.
- Inviting the People of the Book to their true original religion and making apparent the corruption which crypt into their books.
wa Allaahu ‘Alam.