Refutation: Is this all to make Allah’s name upper most or the Muslim blogger’s ?
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ ,
Honour, respect and integrity. I fully believe that these are three important qualities that any proselytizer should posses. Sadly, Mr. Edwards’ behaviour after the debate has been appalling to say the very least. Earlier today I read his latest article, located here. In his post, he claimed:
- I am egoistic.
- I am very immature.
- I am attention starved.
- I have a need to be seen and heard.
- I am a sinner.
Unfortunately for Mr. Edwards when we compare his behaviour to mines, we find that what he claims of me to be applicable solely to himself.
- He is egoistic, as in his ‘blog’ features him and only him. His photo is plastered throughout the blog and his high handed self praising comments are littered throughout. Yet no Christian knows what I look like or what my real name is.
- His immaturity is striking, after all, what kind of a man seeks to mock and insult a 20 year old because I didn’t reply immediately to his email?
- He is most certainly attention starved, his Youtube videos are about him, our debate was about him, his posts are about him. I have never posted a Youtube video about me, my past or my history, unlike Chessie who has an entire channel dedicated to his self posts.
- He does have a need to be seen and heard, his latest post demonstrates that if I he needs to interacted with, people must read his posts and must reply to him.
- I’m not going to expose anyone’s sins, but he is free to call me what he wishes. This is the difference between my Islam and his Christianity.
Unlike my opponent, I will not choose to mock him, or berate him or jeer at him. Indeed, he is a bit confused. I say this because he claims he does not have an apologetics career, I must agree with him on that notion, he never has nor will he ever have one given his current decorum. CL should also not fool his viewers (if there are any) and should remind them, that I am the one who proposed the debate topic of, “Is Muhammad [may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] a Prophet of God?“.
However, his lack of decorum means that I shall not reply to his emails any longer. It is a matter of personal integrity to know that when one discusses the planning of a debate, that you do not publish private emails between individuals. I am sorry that he feels that I must reply to him instantly, or that I am somehow indebted to him. Sorry Chessie Edwards, but Islam has raised me differently and I am not the sort of chap to pursue character assassination or to publicize private dealings. If it is that you truly wanted the debate which I proposed to occur, then I suggest you adjust your behaviour and begin to act like an adult, until then, I shall not entertain your petulant behaviour.
Sincerely, a 20 year old Muslim kid who is, and continues to be anonymous.
wa Allaahu ‘Alam.